[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Mon Feb 4 17:58:42 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 7:52 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

>> And I reject the linkage that this is the edge of some horrible,
>> slippery slope.
>
> Of course not.  It's frog-in-boiling-water syndrome.
>
> Just wait.

BTW, in case I've confused anybody:  my assertion isn't that smoking
was the edge of some slippery slope.  We're well down that slope
already.  Smoking prohibition was, perhaps, the event horizon;  the
last point at which we could turn back from this anti-freedom course
and salvage any meaningful notion of freedom.  But we slipped past
that without even noticing.

So my further prediction, now that that's happened:  enjoy the ride.
Or move.  (But for some constraints, I would...)

jb