[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Ian Andrew Bell <hello at ianbell.com> on Mon Feb 4 19:16:33 PST 2008

On 4-Feb-08, at 4:42 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

>> In the privacy of your own airspace, by all means, smoke, drink, or
>> inject whatever the hell you want.
>
> What about my buddy Jimmy's right to smoke in the BAR HE OWNS, and /
> or let his guests do the same?

Frankly, fuck Jimmy.  What about Jimmy's employees who'll suffer from
all the symptoms of smoking without ever having smoked?  What about
customers who want to enjoy Jimmy's ambience without having to use
night vision goggles to see the other patrons?

>> But I try not to go on vacation to
>> places that still allow smoking in restaurants, much less live in
>> those places.
>
> Trust me, uptight anti-smoking puritans aren't welcome at Jimmy's
> anyway...

Honestly, your protestations against logic are embarrassingly
analogous to (Ernie's) Christian protestations in the face of
(Bonesian) Darwinian logic.  God help the person who calls YOUR crown
jewels into question, hein?

-Ian.