[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Feb 5 00:18:21 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 06:42:48PM -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Oh, you know, that's a fucking load of horseshit because restaurants
> EVERYWHERE have at least had smoking and non-smoking sections since,

Much good does it to you, to have a smoking and nonsmoking section
in the same room.

> oh I dunno, the dawn of history, and most have been completely non-

Not really. It's a couple years at most.

> smoking in most areas for most of the adult lifetimes of most of the
> people on this list.

In USia, maybe.

> Don't be a sore fucking winner.  YOU WON, got it?  You and the rest
> of the busybodies WON.  Now just sit back and watch while that same
> moral busybody attitude infects and ruins all kinds of other freedoms.

Excellent idea! They now fine cars to enter cities, if they don't have
an aerosol cap compliance sticker. How about outlawing those SUV? Let's
put a CO2 emission cap on person transported.

Hey, how about making everybody directly accountable? Decision-makers,
politicians especially? No more lip service, let them do life, or ride
the lightning. I have a list already.

> What about my buddy Jimmy's right to smoke in the BAR HE OWNS, and /
> or let his guests do the same?

It didn't work. He lost. I hope he's not going to fucking whine about it.