[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Feb 5 00:23:49 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 06:49:53PM -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Nobody's forcing you to go anywhere that allows smoking, are they.

Let's invert that. Nobody would force smokers to go anywhere where
nonsmokers go. Wait, it didn't work. A single guy ruins it for a
whole room, and he's completely oblivious about it. He's the asshole.
The others are victims.

What about drink-and-drive? Surely, there should full freedom, and
let market forces pick the winner? What about nuclear weapons?
I'm personally can handle hot isotopes, and would like a 100 kW
Toshiba plant in the garden. Why can't I? Why do fucking neighbours
whine about it? I don't complan about Thompson's VX plant
in the garage, either.

> Right, and that's exercising YOUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE.  Too bad the
> prohibitionists and their apologists can't let everyone else do the
> same.

Why are you so fucking pissed and irrational about it?