[FoRK] Walking While Working

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Tue Feb 5 12:39:57 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 9:47 AM, Jeffrey Kay <jeff at jeffreykay.com> wrote:
> Thought y'all might find this interesting - I've become a "work walker" - a
> treadmill instead of a desk chair.  I seem to recall that someone on this
> list did something like this a few years ago with a weight bench or an
> exercise cycle.

Yep, that was me back in 2001 or so. Chaffing....oi. It worked ok for
a few months and I did loose a nice amount of poundage; at least
temporarily. We are moving into our new house (back in Portland and
away from the suburban pit of Vancouver WA) and I will .be looking
into way to get back to turning the butt-in-chair times more of a
useful thing.

One thing that does seem to be helping, I have picked up a few shifts
a week working in my fave coffee shop...non tech labor is a great
workout:)- The shop is in a big space so I am huffing to and fro way
more than usual. Ive already felt the difference if not in raw pounds
lost then in the ability to do activities longer without getting so
damn tired. Huffing around 430 pounds of built in weights makes moving
an amazing workout.

-tom(the god shot)higgins