[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Tue Feb 5 15:19:24 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 6:00 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> I reject the notion that an owner who allows uninvited guests on his
> property for any reason --- even commercial --- has in any way ceded
> his rights of control over his property and what happens upon it.  If
> you assert that he *has* then you have created a new right for an

Those rights, known as common carriage rights, have existed in English
common law for not quite 700 years. And precursors date back to Roman
law. These are not new rights.

But hey, who am I to get in the way of a fine rant.

Luis