[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Tue Feb 5 20:22:36 PST 2008

Yea, that's what I meant.  I had only heard that term used for telecom
"common carrier" / common carriage.  Good to know that it names the more
general version of the concept / group of laws.

I'd like to know if there are common carriage related laws that deal
with inter-player risk.

sdw

Luis Villa wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 6:00 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>

>> I reject the notion that an owner who allows uninvited guests on his
>> property for any reason --- even commercial --- has in any way ceded
>> his rights of control over his property and what happens upon it.  If
>> you assert that he *has* then you have created a new right for an
>>

> Those rights, known as common carriage rights, have existed in English
> common law for not quite 700 years. And precursors date back to Roman
> law. These are not new rights.
>
> But hey, who am I to get in the way of a fine rant.
>
> Luis

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw