[FoRK] Smoking mad...

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Tue Feb 5 20:58:06 PST 2008

Jeff Bone wrote:

> I'm hip to that.
>
> I don't, for example, buy into the argument that individuals should be
> able to own nuclear weapons.  (To pick an example not at random...)
>
> jb
Crap, how are we ever going to instantiate one of the main plot devices
in Snow Crash?
Well, I guess the point of that case is that nobody was allowing him to
own it, he just did and taking it away was problematic.  Sort of a catch
235...

Interesting:
http://www.radiochemistry.org/periodictable/elements/92.html
> One pound of completely fissioned uranium has the fuel value of over
> 1500 tons of coal.
3 million times the energy density...

I never had a number in mind before.
Now if I just had a ratio of impact of burning that coal vs. overhead
and storage of uranium byproducts.

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw