[FoRK] Smoking mad...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Tue Feb 5 21:42:34 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Cf.
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dad's_Nuke

BTW, the titular nuke is just a reactor, not a weapon.

Similar concerns apply, perhaps less so.

OB_ANECDOTE, the UT fission reactor (back when I was in school) was
across the basement hall from the Computation Center offices.  I used
to go over there every now and then when I knew somebody working in
there and hang out and admire the Cherenkov glow...  pretty,
pretty...  kind of scary.  I'm glad I wasn't working there the
afternoon they decommissioned the thing and carried the fuel rods
out, right past the office door.

jb