[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Feb 5 23:36:05 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 05:00:46PM -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:

> I reject the notion that an owner who allows uninvited guests on his
> property for any reason --- even commercial --- has in any way ceded
> his rights of control over his property and what happens upon it.  If

How about shooting them? Not in self-defense, of course.
How about allowing them to kill each other, as in "no cops,
this is my private property, let them murder each other,
I kinda like that".

> you assert that he *has* then you have created a new right for an
> abstract, collective entity --- society --- that trumps the
> traditional rights of the concrete individual.

Rights are of course negotiable, and are created and revoked all
the time.