[FoRK] "Super Tuesday" only "semi-great," Texans claim

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Wed Feb 6 09:54:22 PST 2008

Russell Turpin wrote:

> Jeff Bone:
>
>> The more of John F. X. Luther King, Jr. --- I mean, Obama ---
>> the more of his vacuous rhetoric I hear, the less optimistic I am.
>>

> There is a lot I don't like about Obama. There is a lot I won't like
> about any candidate with a chance of winning. That said, he has
> studied the Constitution and has promised that one of his first acts
> as president will be to review every Bush executive order, to rescind
> the ones that trespass on it. No other candidate has percolated that
> to their first agenda. And after the Bush years, that is important.
>
> And yeah, yeah, I know: it could just be an empty election promise to
> tickle the ears of the voter segment that cares about such things.

I think he is too young for that.
And he thinks for himself apparently.  And he's capable of it.  (Sad
that I have to add that qualifier.)

To even state the plan that clearly is quite valuable.  Constitutional
trespass is a category 1 error.  And error is too polite a word.

Given momentum, he seems likely to get the nomination.  Either he will
win the nomination or he will be VP.  I don't buy the thinking that the
latter can't happen.  He is too popular.  He's too strong willed to be
run over by Bill.  And he's so young that it is a perfectly viable path
to running again the next term or two.  In fact, if I were him, I'd make
the deal to take VP on the promise that Hillary would make way for me
the next term.  The suggestion of chief of staff isn't bad either
though, since that is where the real power is.

The republicans have dodged a bullet with splitting the evangelical vote
between two religious candidates and ending up with the only viable
candidate as clear front-runner.  Still, they don't have a chance.  Too
bad for McCain, he should have won instead of GW.  O/H should offer him
the Defense Secretary position...

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw