[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Russell Turpin <deafbox at hotmail.com> on Wed Feb 6 15:01:27 PST 2008

Jeff Bone:
> ..all bars (as opposed to bars that serve real food, i.e. restaurants)
> make a significant amount of their money from a smallish group of
> regulars that come in frequently, often daily, and stay for a number
> of drinks over a long period of time. Indeed for the neighborhood bar,
> that's the primary business model. And that group, OVERWHELMINGLY, is
> composed of smokers or people who don't mind being around it.

I wonder if, given a choice, the local strip clubs would rather undo the
smoking ban or roll back the pole tax. Perhaps they should lobby the
city to allow smoking in enterprises where the pole tax applies. Then
they could give a promotion pack to each patron on entry. Not that it
would do us non-smokers any good. ;-)