[FoRK] You already had Applebee's

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Wed Feb 6 18:44:45 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Joe Barrera wrote:

> It really sounds like you're equating smoking with being cool???
>
> You're not, in real life, a giant camel or something?
>
> Wow

Correlation, not causation.  No, I'm not a camel.  Wasn't one even
when I smoked. ;-)

I find it alternately amusing and infuriating, though, that the folks
that argue for prohibition it from --- when you really press them ---
a purely aesthetic perspective, and yet for whom no compromise is
reasonable, are arguing that they have a *right* to go and mingle
with a group of folks (whom, clearly, they want to go and mingle
with) that smoke in an  environment (the bar-bar, absent all
entertainments other than smoking, drinking, socializing, and the
occasional bar game) previously used primarily by said smokers for
the purpose of smoking, drinking, and socializing with other
smokers.  They want to be part of that "club" but also want to
disable that "club" from engaging in the very activity that's often
the common denominator among members.

jb