[FoRK] WTF is up with the undersea cables?

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Thu Feb 7 00:28:22 PST 2008

Jeff Bone wrote on 2/6/2008 11:07 PM:
> So what's your theory? We need a prediction.  Let's have it.  Are we
> talking the Iranian Oil Bourse / dollar exchange rate scenario?

Of course. Also looks like UAE is dropping their peg either way to stop
their 11% inflation.

>> And it's 9 cables... so far.
>
> Cite?

Your typical, "oh this has been going on for a while". Story is all
over, here's one http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/ConnectingTheDots.htm

Some are speculating all traffic to Kish (the island with the
superweapon) that's left has to pass through either a US or UK
controlled router, which doesn't seem that improbable anymore.

If not, we'll see all cables cut until that's true. The Bourse cannot
possibly be allowed to happen, or 95% of the worlds population that
desperately needs dollars now for oil, won't have any use for them at all.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/