[FoRK] Return to an old thread: Digital camera-based bookscanner

Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu> on Sun Feb 10 10:58:13 PST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 12:28 PM, B.K. DeLong <bkdelong at pobox.com> wrote:
> Did you by chance read this article today as well?
> http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/business/10metrics.html

Oddly not.  Now that I did, I'm feeling old....  I have a stack of
phone books on top of the fridge -- frequently they're quicker than an
online lookup, or at least they are here in the frozen Midwest (still
not above 0 F at mid-day...).

Of course, when we need things to be digital, they're not.  We asked
our son at college to send us his syllabi, but apparently they're all
printed on paper that can't be Xerox'd.

Ken