[FoRK] Return to an old thread: Digital camera-based bookscanner

Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu> on Sun Feb 10 11:17:32 PST 2008

The non-copyable was an exaggeration; it's just how it feels when
dealing with a kid who doesn't seem to know how to address an envelope
or where to buy a stamp....

It's not much of an exaggeration to say that for him if it's not
digital, it's not going to happen.  For example, discussions on
thank-you note etiquette (and our insistence onf handwritten, physical
notes) start to sound like we're insisting that he set the table with
fish forks and special spoons for vichyssoise, or that he needs to add
gold buttons to the ends of his hoodies' sleeves.

Ken