[FoRK] Poisoned DNS and informal certificates

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Tue Feb 19 18:21:20 PST 2008

I have my own internal rules about top-, bottom-, or interspersed-
posting. (Interspersed being incremental bottom posting...) Bottom
posting is not categorically correct in all cases.
Obviously, I'm pointing out the obvious.
Many people will not grok a message that is repeatedly bottom posted,
simply because the important information is not right there at the top
of the message. That's why even with interspersed you often need to top
post with a note to pull the reader into the message.

If we had the same outline mode in every email reader so that we could
collapse the historical part of the message until needed, then we could
consistently bottom post. Or email readers that would seek unquoted
content, perhaps with a coded scrollbar that indicates where unquoted
content is. (I like that idea actually.) It could even indicate level
and source of various quoted material in the scrollbar / window edge.

sdw

Jeff Bone wrote:

> jb:
>
> On Feb 19, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:
>
> +1
>
>> I can never remember which one
>
> +1
>
>> I'm supposed to not do.
>
> +1?
>
> jb
>
> PS - Fuck, it's almost like Factor...

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw