[FoRK] OB_DORK: RIP Gary Gygax, and jokes you'd better not make...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Tue Mar 4 13:35:23 PST 2008

D&D co-creator Gary Gygax has passed away.

   http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/03/04/1750206.shtml

Jokes you'd better not make where the Woot can hear you:

   http://www.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=4118

	• “Quick! Someone cast Raise Dead!”
	• “Don’t worry – he’s just playtesting the Astral Plane for the next
edition.”
	• “He’s gone the way of Star Frontiers.”
	• “Analysts warn of a free-fall in Mountain Dew futures.”
	• “In the next town, you meet a stranger named Barry Bygax.”
	• “Now who will lead our young people to Satan?”
	• “With his last breath, he cursed the name of Marlon Wayans.”
	• “I wonder how they’ll divide up his XP.”
	• “Pallbearers, make a Bend Bars/Lift Gates roll.”
	• "At least he didn't live to see Disney's Greyhawk On Ice."
	• “Lorraine Williams is behind this somehow, I just know it.”
	• “The worlds of adventure gaming, fantasy fandom, and van painting
will never be the same.”
	• “When I heard, I cried 2d10 tears.”
	• “Is there anything in the will about electrum?”
	• “Heart condition? Wow, I always thought it’d be owlbears that got
him.”
	• “Suddenly, nobody in Heaven wants to hang out with Marilyn Monroe
on Friday night.”

--

jb