[FoRK] $100M for iPhone Developers

Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> on Fri Mar 7 10:56:05 PST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
>  Frankly, it's a miracle consumer-oriented linux hasn't completely
>  fallen apart. The people who came primarily because they hated
>  Microsoft have gone to OSX and the people who came primarily for the
>  free beer are happy with web apps. That doesn't leave many people, and
>  yet it continues to putter along.

I think it might be a temporary thing while people realize the bottom
has dropped out.  We're in a Wile E Coyote moment.

My strategy is to make it possible for third parties to solve their
own software problems, and let the linux desktop people write the
modules themselves.  Don't know yet how that will work out, though.