[FoRK] The End of America

Phillip Lindsay <phil at lindsay.net> on Sat Mar 8 10:03:31 PST 2008

Naomi Wolf reminded me how the knee jerk reaction to terrorism has
embarrassingly
naive historic precedence. She has revisited work from several historians
and political
scientists who have written about recent American society and she does
present some
cogent arguments which can be considered the "canaries in the coal mine."

Susan Jacoby has some insight why American society seems to be
moving towards the irrational side of the spectrum.

If you haven't caught Bill Moyers interview of Susan Jacoby
(author of THE AGE OF AMERICAN UNREASON), I highly recommend it:
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/02152008/watch2.html

Cheers,
-phil (phil at lindsay.net)

-phil (phil at lindsay.net)