[FoRK] Telecom Immunity: Barebones Congressional Felony

Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Sun Mar 9 23:22:10 PDT 2008

Legal analysis needed: Is this guy right?  Seems plausible, but
surprising.  And potentially good in a checks and balances way.

Congress isn't all that sharp sometimes.  The Chronicle reported today
that the recent legislation passed to increase the conforming limits on
mortgages from ~$400K to ~700K didn't include provisions that allowed it
to apply to vets.  Their VA loans are still limited to ~$400K, and theny
mention a veteran family that cannot find a house in that range in the
DC area.  How could you miss something like that with all of the aides
on Capital Hill?  You would think that a department or two might have
noticed before the law was passed and signed.

Anyway, on to the spitting mad diatribe.  I have to say that I cannot
believe that Congress is making such an effort to rescue Telecom.  An
honorable administration wouldn't have put them in this position, but
they knew better.  (I'm not sure how this link ended up in my browser as
it sat there for a while before I read it.  popurls.com I think.)

http://www.populistamerica.com/telecom_immunity_barebones_congressional_felony

Telecom Immunity: Barebones Congressional Felony

March 8, 2008
by Stephen Neitzke

The Constitution says, "No ex post facto law ... shall be passed"

No matter the blizzard of bullshit from the 3-branch fascist depotism
masquerading as our national govt, there is no such thing as legal
retroactive immunity for crimes already committed. No matter the
blizzard of bullshit from the corporate media, there is no such thing as
legal retroactive immunity for crimes already committed. No matter the
blizzard of bullshit from the elite channels of discourse -- political
party bosses, law school professors, CEOs, and sundry dignitaries --
there is no such thing as legal retroactive immunity for crimes already
committed.

The Constitution does not say, "We don't like ex post facto law, but
Congress can go ahead and pass it, and then let the courts sort things
out." The Constitution says, "No ex post facto law ... shall be passed".

Any and all retroactive immunity for crimes already committed would
require ex post facto law. And ex post facto law is unconstitutional,
anti-Constitutional, and blatantly illegal. No ifs, ands, or buts. Got
it? No politics tap-dancing around the good ol' boys. Got it? Purely
anti-Constitutional and illegal. Got it?

So much for telecom immunity.

Its too late on that one for the fascist slime bags -- from Bush to ever
widening circles of other nazis -- who socially engineer the society's
cross-pressures so that the fascist predators can keep on butchering
ordinary people for profits and power with only a few of us stepping out
of the matrix to shout about it.

It's too late for the chief fascist slime bag, Bush, to use telecom
immunity to cover his own ass in the illegal wiretapping that he ordered
long before the 9/11 attacks -- attacks in which he still appears to be
one of the co-villans.

Oh, yeah, right -- the Constitution is just a GD piece of paper. The
fascist slime bags -- in all their corporate and govt glory -- are the
deciders. They decide who is accountable and who is not. They decide who
lives above the law and who does not. They decide what laws apply to
them and what laws do not.

But, just for a few minutes here, let's suppose that somebody hands us
back our Constitution on a silver platter. You know, somebody who does
all the work for us, so that we don't have to miss an evening of Drivel
With The Stars.

Now we've got ex post facto law right out the window, where it belongs.

Next thing you know -- even with our Constitution ready for justice
again -- our Criminal Congress cranks up to pass an ex post facto law to
cover the chief fascist thug's ass AND to keep the criminal telecoms
from being ripped to financial shreds by an outraged citizenry.

What happens in the legal arena when the criminal rat-bastards and
rat-bitches of Congress pass that ex post facto law?

Ah, it's simplicity its very own self. Because of the Constitutional
provision, "No ex post facto law ... shall be passed", the people have a
Constitutional right to be governed by law that is not ex post facto.

The moment that Congress passes an ex post facto law, every Member and
Senator voting AYE has committed a felony. Felony forfeits legislative
immunity, as in the Constitutional provision, "... They shall, in all
cases, except treason, felony, and breach of the peace, be privileged
from arrest. ..."

The felony they've committed is defined in the federal statute, Title
18, US Code, Section 241 -- conspiracy against rights. It's a short,
tough law. 18 USC 241 reads --

    "If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or
intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession,
or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege
secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or
because of his having so exercised the same; or -- If two or more
persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another,
with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any
right or privilege so secured -- They shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from
the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include
kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an
attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or
for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."

This law defines a statute conspiracy against rights. The law's
specified imprisonment of up to ten years for a non-death incident makes
the violation of this law a serious crime -- that is, violation of this
law is a felony.

(Article Continues Below)

So the Criminal Congress passes the ex post facto law, seemingly to make
legal fat-cat-cherished telecom immunity. The presidential usurper Bush
signs the bill.

Now we have a felony conspiracy against rights, in violation of 18 USC
241, done by a majority of the United States Congress and the leader of
the free world -- fascist slug that he is. The whole pack of fascist
thugs are criminally prosecuted, convicted, fined 10 years of salary,
and imprisoned for ten years.

Ah, Constitutional realities as pipe dreams.

Why are the anti-Constitutional illegalities of ex post facto and
criminal conspiracy against Constitutional rights so difficult for the
the do-nothing American people to grasp?

Oh, horrors, if we confront the massive illegality, we'd have to stop
giving away our political responsibilities to the politician liars and
criminals. No more "let Mikey do it". We'd have to start doing political
things on our own, even orgainize with other people outside political
party politics. What a bring down.

Politics on our own would clearly be in conflict with the social
engineering of the matrix. We might have to go jobless, homeless, give
up our raves and music collections, forfeit our children's educations,
watch the Jones' get way ahead of us, be chased around by the FBI. No,
no -- we can't go around giving up our whole lifes.

But we sure as hell can sit idly by and watch our nation's life be taken
away by the Congressional rat-bastards and rat-bitches, by fascist thugs
in the Bush Regime and in the federal judiciary, by CEOs in the fascist
corporations, and by the presidential candidates vetted by the superrich
for Election 2008.

All hail the electronic vote-counting corruption machine, the central
banking mega corruption machine, the Iran war, the North American Union,
and the Amero. Blow echo taps for justice, freedom, rights, and democracy.

Do-nothing Americans UNITE. Get out the vote for the Diebold selection
of Election 2008. Whoop up how you're the great-great-grandson of a
dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. Smile about how Republican economics has
given you a big up-scale house here and retirement property in the
mountain meadows of Panama.

Ignore the felony conspiracy against our soldiers' rights that makes
every soldier's death in Iraq a felony murder. Ignore that the
co-conspirators in those felony murders include Senators McCain and
Clinton. Write endless commentary on felon-in-waiting McCain's POW
patriotism, and on felon-in-waiting Clinton's sisterhood prancing, and
on wannabe-felon-in-waiting Obama's great black hope, and on Ron Paul's
great libertarian hope. Put down Ralph Nader again. Really get into the
details of this super-great Diebold selection. Get real smug about how
we're the only nation that's got democracy right.

Snuggle into those matrix cocoons with all the cognative dissonance you
can gather up.

What in the hell is wrong with you people? Are you crazy?