[FoRK] Freakin' California...

Lawnun <lawnun at gmail.com> on Thu Mar 20 13:20:24 PDT 2008

I'd be shocked if he gets much more than a talking-down to by the judge, or
a fine.

Maximum penalties are rarely enforced, esp., for laws that are this
overbearingly broad.  From the bits I could find, it appears to be a local
ordinance, and rather ridiculous in its scope.

http://www.burbankleader.com/articles/2008/01/16/news/blr-smoking16.txt

An arrest warrant only came after he failed to appear--the same thing that
would occur if he failed to appear before the court for speeding.  Not
terribly remarkable.