[FoRK] $30B a bargain for what it looks set to achieve?

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Mar 21 15:21:53 PDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Dave Long wrote:

>> ... I suspect you're confusing size of a particular market ... with
>> the total value of all deposits at banks, and their necessary
>> liquidity.
>
> So what would the latter number be?  I'd guess under 150T (2005
> USD).  Do you have anything better?

I don't have a figure, and I'm loathe to guess.  In theory one could
reverse engineer that from depository requirements, but it would be a
fairly complicated reckoning with lots of variables to be estimated.

jb