[FoRK] Freakin' California...

Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Sun Mar 23 15:42:28 PDT 2008

Outside of teenagers, I've seen exactly none of that in Silicon Valley
so far.

I'm sure the pot thing happens privately, but it's not a public event
like it was (is?) in Berkeley, SF, etc.  Oakland, that's a whole
different thing.

And as for commuting, I could hardly ask for better unless I was working
at home again.  I planned it that way, but still, once you learn the
quirks of the roads and highways, it is very quick to get around.  Just
for getting to the other side of this little berg, I have highways at 1
block, 3 blocks, and 1 mile away depending on which way I'm going.

And the farmer's market this morning was amazing in a number of ways.  I
didn't go for mixed greens with edible flowers, but superb strawberries
for $2.10/pint?  Fresh fish, flowers, bread, ...

sdw