[FoRK] Air cars? Please?

Zee Roe <zero at rawbw.com> on Thu Mar 27 08:31:00 PDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2008, at 10:43 PM, silky wrote:
>

> > you've got to be kidding about the computer-driven traffic control
> > system? no way would i drive in a world where a internet-connected
> > computer system was controlling the scheduling.
>
> It's coming fast, and unless you plan to stop driving, I suspect that
> you won't be able to avoid it.

Apologies if I read it on FoRK, but there ws a recent press release of a
trial version of a "hive mind" of gps-equipped cars which would warn other
members of the hive about traffic ahead; the idea being if you have enough
members you can get a good live traffic feed.  Being tested in the Bay
Area and Washington.

I can't immediately find the reference, sorry.