[FoRK] At the risk of inflaming JB and others ...

Jeffrey Kay <jeff at jeffreykay.com> on Fri Mar 28 10:28:36 PDT 2008

Has Religion Been a Boon or Bane to Humanity?

Yesterday, March 27, 2008, 2:05:00 PM | webhelp at kuow.org (KUOW 94.9 Public
Radio)

The New Atheists like Christopher Hitchens argue religious people are (in
their different ways) planning our destruction. Hitchens says religion
poisons everything. Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Christopher Hedges
says "I Don't Believe in Atheists" - the title of his recent book. Hedges'
retort - the New Atheists are preaching a form of fundamentalism as
dangerous as religious fundamentalism. So who is right? Chris Hedges got so
agitated after debating the New Atheists that he wrote a book-length
response. Hedges is the son of a Presbyterian minister, a divinity school
graduate and fellow at The Nation Institute. Hear what he and the new
atheists have to say, and give us a call to tell us what you think. News is
first.

http://www.kuow.org/podcast/Conversation20080327.mp3

Enjoy .

-- jeff | jeff at jeffreykay.com | www.jeffreykay.com (blog) |