[FoRK] At the risk of inflaming JB and others ...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Mar 28 15:26:11 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 12:42 PM, Bill Humphries wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2008, at 10:28 AM, Jeffrey Kay wrote:
>> Has Religion Been a Boon or Bane to Humanity?
>

> I read an interview of Hedges in Salon earlier this month. I got the
> impression that what he really does not like is the thinly disguised
> neo-con worldview of folks like Sam Harris.
>
> And I'd agree with the assessment after reading Harris' book. Harris
> dislikes Christianity, but loathes Islam.

I'm not sure Harris qualifies as a neo-con;  there's more to that
memetic stew than simple "loathing" of Islam.  (I myself think that
particular brand of insanity is quite a bit more pernicious than the
other brands, but that attitude surely doesn't win me a free
subscription to National Review.)

jb