[FoRK] Email vs. Wiki as collaborative media

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Fri Mar 28 16:10:28 PDT 2008

Jeff Bone wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2008, at 7:04 AM, Jeffrey Winter wrote:
>>> This picture about sums it up:
>>
>> Clever, but the diagram on the right doesn't show any mechanism for
>> signalling that an update has been made.
>
> Good point.
>
> There are some --- many, actually --- things for which async push is
> better suited.
>
> jb
Not that nearly every form of email except SMS alerts isn't based on
polling a server...
The Imap protocol supports asynchronousness, however I can't find a
reference that supports true async mode that avoids most polling.

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw