[FoRK] At the risk of inflaming JB and others ...

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Mar 29 06:48:34 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 8:10 PM, James Tauber wrote:

> I think Hitchens, while not taking the label "neocon" would say he
> and the neocons have the same views on foreign policy.

I'm not so sure about that.  The very succinct version of neo-con
foreign policy view is that America specifically has both a right and
an obligation to impose global American hegemony by any means
necessary.  Hitchens views may coincide with the neo-cons on specific
actions or issues, but --- at least as far as I have recall --- I
don't think he goes so far as to share their ultimate goal, therefore
any similarity is in fact simply coincidental.

jb