[FoRK] At the risk of inflaming JB and others ...

Dave Long <dave.long at bluewin.ch> on Sun Mar 30 19:26:42 PDT 2008

> But yes, at the end of the day the neo-cons are utopians.  American
> hegemony - because that's the shortest path to a perfect world.

Well, they didn't have much trouble selling their utopia.  I used to
think "you can't make omelets without breaking some eggs" was a Lenin
quote, but have recently learned it's been attributed to M ("no one
likes armed missionaries") Robespierre as well: "On ne saurait faire
une omelette sans casser des oeufs".  It seems that revolutionaries
share with Bourbons a propensity for learning nothing while
forgetting nothing.

-Dave

:: :: ::

(having been in the neighborhood of Verdun around the time of Lazare
Ponticelli's funeral I must observe that the region is chock full of
monuments -- monuments, ultimately, to human stupidity)

speaking of remembrance: