[FoRK] Open source PowerShell clone available

Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu> on Tue Apr 8 14:04:41 PDT 2008

Very interesting -- I was wondering why something like this wasn't
available.  Not sure whether Mono disqualifies it for use at my work.

Not a straight clone, but inspired by PoSh and implemented in Python:

http://hotwire-shell.org/

I think the happy medium will include a really good parser and
template system to "objectify" stdin and stdout text streams.  Sort of
like Perl*, I guess, but with more interactivity and GUI goodness.

* I don't like Perl, although I seem to be in a minority on this one.
I'd prefer Scheme or Javascript, but those are still minority
languages.  I suppose there's always Arc.

Ken