[FoRK] How far will the dollar fall? (was: Demonizing the hedge funds...)

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Apr 19 08:11:56 PDT 2008

On Apr 19, 2008, at 8:24 AM, James Tauber wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2008, at 8:55 AM, Russell Turpin wrote:
>>
>> James Tauber:
>>> "Not much" seems to be the general consensus amongst the
>>> professional
>>> economists I read.
>>
>> How many of them have predictive models that successfully
>> make money trading the currency markets?
>
> Can't one be good at explaining the past without necessarily being
> good at predicting the future?

Most "professional economists" don't even have a particularly good
track record explaining or describing the recent past, witness the
typical announcement of recession "oh yeah, we're in one, and have
been for two quarters." :-/ ;-)

jb