[FoRK] How far will the dollar fall?

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Mon Apr 21 11:57:35 PDT 2008

Luis Villa wrote on 4/21/2008 7:29 AM:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>  On Apr 20, 2008, at 10:50 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:
>>
>>> Besides, with McCain's poll numbers, I suspect I'm gonna end up staying
>>> in Canada for a while.
>>>
>>  What polls are you looking at?
>
> Ignore them anyway. As soon as the Dems settle up, there will be a
> huge bounce for them before the real fight sets in. Not to say that
> they'll win (the ability to shoot oneself in the foot is spectacularly
> epic for the donkeys this year) but the current poll numbers are less
> than meaningless.

Stay in Canada. The dems will likely end up with exec + both houses, at
which time such massive welfare programs both public and corporate will
be enacted, the rich will be taxes to a point none of them will stay,
and this country is done.

The world has changed, bailing out of the US now takes a few clicks and
milliseconds later, your money is safe and sound elsewhere. And I no
longer know anyone with any assets (granted not many Americans HAVE
net-assets) in dollars or in the US. The smart money is already gone.

But hey, how are you all enjoying the rice rationing? Asian-heavy San
Jose CA is lovin it! Adding to an increasingly long list of things you
cannot get at any price.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/