[FoRK] Upmanship / Pandering

Bill Humphries <whump at mac.com> on Tue Apr 22 10:01:54 PDT 2008

On Apr 22, 2008, at 9:04 AM, geege schuman wrote:
> I presume this is a pitch to the Jewish voter, but to mention
> obliterating
> Iran (retaliatory) seems a little extreme.  I guess Barack could
> come back
> with "vaporizing."

Actually, Senator Obama's response was reasonable, and probably lost
on the voters.

 > In response, Mr Obama said: "Using words like 'obliterate' - it
doesn't actually produce good results, and so I'm not interested in
sabre-rattling."

Of course the question was dumb, and mere red meat for pre-millennial
dispensationalist crowd whose end-of-the-world fantasies always seem
to involve Israel, like the African-American sidekick of the hero in a
Michael Bay movie, getting killed off at the end of the second act,
leading to an orgy of explosions and mayhem in the third.

-- whump