[FoRK] How Barack lost my vote forever

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Wed Apr 23 11:16:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> Anyway, although I believe McCain is a lot more rational, I cannot vote for
> the party of theocrats.

Theocrats, torturers, warmongers, deficit spenders, the party of the K
Street Project, etc.

(Not that I'm a fan of the democratic party; they are incompetent. Any
competent party organization running against the current Republicans
would be looking at historic Congressional majorities right now and a
landslide presidential campaign.)

>  I'd prefer Barack / Clinton (w/ Clinton 2 on backup / Carter mode ;-) ).
> She's not going to turn it down.  It is her clear path to the presidency.

She's been second fiddle in a whitehouse already; I don't think she's
going to tolerate doing that again (not to mention she doesn't really
help with any particular demographic except *maybe* women.) Oh, and
after she went Rove on Obama you can bet there is no love lost for her
in Chicago.

That said, she'll be a fine Senate Majority leader (better than the
spineless Reid) and I look forward to watching her stomp all over the
bloodied remains of the assholes who have been happily standing by as
Bush destroys the country.

Luis