[FoRK] How Barack lost my vote forever

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Wed Apr 23 11:51:35 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM, geege schuman <geege4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One wonders why she hasn't done that already, except rhetorically.

Well, because she's willing to do whatever it takes to get elected,
and she (miscalculated) that the biggest problem she had was that (as
a woman) she'd be portrayed as weak, so she should be aggressively
pro-war.

>  I can't
>  / won't vote for anyone who pledged allegiance to the Bush war in Iraq.
>  That's my threshold and high water mark all in one.

I could probably forgive that given even the slightest bit of
contrition about it. Voting against a war is really, really hard, even
if you're not trying to get back to the White House and you're a
woman. But there hasn't been even the slightest acknowledgement that
it was a mistake, and it is clear that four years of hillary is for
more years of the same motivation-by-fear bullshit. That is where my
threshold was crossed.

well duh: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/_94601.html