[FoRK] How Barack lost my vote forever

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Wed Apr 23 12:58:11 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
>  >  And OTOOH, I'm not sure McCain really counts as a Republican.  He certainly
>  > didn't before right-wing media's attempt to manipulate their own primary
>  > backfired through collateral damage and left McCain the only man standing.
>
>  You mean, besides campaigning for Bush repeatedly, voting for the war,
>  and for the torture, and for the spending, and stocking his campaign
>  bus with lobbyists? The man is a to-the-bone Bush II Republican (oh,
>  how I pine for the days of the Eisenhower Republicans, or hell, even
>  the Bush I Republicans). Don't let the 'I'm a maverick' bullshit fool
>  you.

Or, as Sullivan puts it today:
"If McCain wants to run a campaign that is not based on McCarthyism,
racial fears, and polarized labeling, he probably shouldn't be trying
to lead the current GOP. It's all they really care about."

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/04/mccain-vs-the-f.html