[FoRK] How Barack lost my vote forever

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Apr 24 07:19:25 PDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 8:40 AM, geege schuman wrote:
> That's a good point.  And Obama's the only candidate with the
> cajones (or
> ovaries) to stand up to Bush.  We could use a leader here, not
> someone who
> plays the politics of expedience.

See, again, it's all about Bush.

Look, I hate that man and what's he's done just as much as anyone on
this list, perhaps far more than most.  I can't really bring myself to
say ANYTHING good about him or his actions in office.  But no matter
who we elect or what we do the last eight years cannot be undone.  The
question is and should be which candidate going forward is going to do
the most good for this country or, barring that, the least damage.
Whoever we elect isn't going to HAVE TO "stand up to Bush."  They're
going to inherit a world where the damage has been done and must be
dealt with.  That's manifestly not the same thing.

jb