[FoRK] How Barack lost my vote forever

geege schuman <geege4 at gmail.com> on Thu Apr 24 07:38:56 PDT 2008

That's not ALL I said.  Clinton was in a position to make a case against the
war. At the time, it would have been a very unpopular stance. She folded.
IMO, she's not leadership material.

Taxes are such a hot-button (read knee-jerk) issue that politicians avoid
any mention of raising them while at the same time promising to deliver the
moon.  You, Jeff, are a perfect case study of why politicians don't tell the
truth.  "Read my lips" no longer convinces, especially when hidden taxes
(don't EVEN argue this with me) besiege us.

Again, while Hillary promises that she'll mandate universal health care
coverage (again, who pays for that??) Obama sees the problem as
affordability.

I think you fail to grasp the net/net effect - what most likely will amount
to a non-punishing tax increase for most to a universally punitive price
increase for all.