[FoRK] Political race codespeak

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Apr 24 11:01:19 PDT 2008

Since somebody's opened the race suit in this fine card game, I'll
throw out the bit that I've been dying to throw out.* ** ***

A black president's bad for America;  I mean look, when Morgan Freeman
was president in Deep Impact, we got hit by an asteroid.  And I don't
know who Freeman was supposed to be, but he was narrating things
(virtual president) when Mars invaded in the recent remake of War of
the Worlds.  Don't get me started about how bad things were under
President Camacho in Idiocracy --- rampant stupidity (waitasec, we
already have that don't we...)  And when David Palmer and his brother
were presidents in 24, we got nuked and hit with bioweapons and all
kinds of bad shit.  And for that matter, that Michelle person sure
does remind me of Sherri Palmer.  Aliens, asteroids, nukes,
bioweapons, and scary wives...  no thanks.

So yeah, vote for Obama, hasten the Eschaton...  and not in a good
way. ;-)

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding!)

jb

* this isn't even an original bit, though sadly I can't remember which
comedian or outlet to credit.
** apparently it was the Onion:  http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/do_we_really_want_another_black
*** the Daily Show had an excellent bit the other night lampooning the
Obama finger and race codespeak issues...