[FoRK] Political race codespeak

Paul Jimenez <pj at place.org> on Thu Apr 24 11:41:20 PDT 2008

On Thursday, Apr 24, 2008, Jeff Bone writes:

>Since somebody's opened the race suit in this fine card game, I'll
>throw out the bit that I've been dying to throw out.* ** ***

Cool, we're playing cards! I want to throw out the gender card!

Is it really good for women if Hillary gets the nod? Wouldn't it be
better for them if there wasn't the ability for naysayers to maintain
that she was just a front to allow Bill to get around the term limits?

More seriously, I must admit that having Bill back in the Whitehouse as
First Gentleman just strikes me as a bad idea - at best I think it would
strain loyalties and at worst cause potential confusion in crisis. It
seems like just asking for trouble.

  --pj