[FoRK] Limeys can't comprehend US tax law? ;-)

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Apr 24 20:11:38 PDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>
>> As somebody who just last week wrote an absolutely sickening check
>> to the
>> IRS based on a K-1 encompassing precisely this sort if not order-
>> magnitude
>> of economic activity, let me just say DUH.
>
> So basically you made enough to get screwed but not enough to hire the
> right people to not get screwed?

You go on believing in those magical tax accounting leprechauns, Tom.
I'm telling you it just ain't so.  There are things that can be done,
but they are limited, barring expatriation.

On a side note, it has been brought to my attention that the ELE
depicted in Deep Impact was precipitated by a comet, not an asteroid.
Of course.  We now resume our regularly-scheduled programming.

jb