[FoRK] Re: Limeys can't comprehend US tax law? ;-)

Kevin Elliott <k-elliott at wiu.edu> on Thu Apr 24 20:38:32 PDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:
> So this whole discussion is nothing but an anomaly wrapped in a lie,
> dipped in confusion and misunderstanding and then sprinkled with
> "screw the rich."

See, the thing that pisses me off so much, is the rich are already
getting screwed!

The chart's really obvious?
http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/341.html

1% of the country pays 33% of the bill
5% handles 1/2
by the time you get to the to 50%, the bills all gone.

JESUS!!!  How on earth does that translate to "not paying a fair
share"?  What percentage _would_ be fair?  I'm all for monkeying with
the tax code- the thing could do with one hell of spring cleaning.
But anyone who thinks it needs it because "the rich aren't doing their
part", is officially an idiot...