[FoRK] tahoe distributed, redundant, encrypted FS

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Thu May 1 02:19:49 PDT 2008

Luis Villa wrote on 4/30/2008 10:54 PM:
> http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk/docs/about.html
>
> Anyone here played with this? Any opinions? I've definitely been
> looking to build a 'friendnet' for a while, and this is the first
> thing I've seen that claims to have all the pieces in place for it.

Looks freakily similar to all the other projects that do erasure encoded
file systems (not exactly a big design space to explore, kinda one
obvious way to do it), but this one seems to be MUCH further along with
their gateways, which is good++. More to fall when the erasure code
patents finally emerge :(

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/