[FoRK] tahoe distributed, redundant, encrypted FS

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu May 1 09:29:43 PDT 2008

I really wish waste had gone on to become the brand new jimmies. Yea I
have looked at a couple of encrypted/shareable/storage/darknet type
thing, most of them just don't float enough peoples boats long enough
for the buy into to turn into long term utilization. :(-

We played with setting up tuns around the PTPnet, that was fun and all
keydancey cool. From time to time it is fun to move files around the
metro portland area so local dissemination takes place versus having
to hit the intratubes..but it is a far cry from what I thought would
flower out from the idea of building a real darknet.

Are darknets (at least as I envisioned them) the jet packs of the
intertubes? Jeesh I hope not.

Anyone gota a bug to play around with setting some up, holla.

-tom(garlic routing)higgins