[FoRK] Re: Kindle first impressions

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun May 4 12:07:20 PDT 2008

On May 4, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Long version:  read my first Kindle book yesterday afternoon and
> evening, Julian Dibbell's Play Monty.

Play Money, I meant.

Highly recommended, btw...  worthy successor to My Tiny Life.
Document's Dibbell's run at making a real living in (the UO) virtual
economy.  Excellent read despite over-abundance of straight-from-blog
clips and references to Huizinga, Caillois, and Baudrillard.  Though I
must say his attempts to get the IRS to render an official opinion on
the tax status of purely in-game barter and property made me want to
punch him. ;-)

Anybody read the book  _ Bossa Nova: The Story of the Brazilian Music
That Seduced the World _ that he coauthored with Ruy Castro?

jb