[FoRK] Funny Obama quote

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue May 27 10:38:28 PDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

> >> "My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the
> >> world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." - Sen.
> >> Obama
>
> > It seems to me that G. Bush and company have done just that.  The
> > question is whether the country now is the greatest is has every
> > been.  Clearly, this is not the case from just 8 years ago.  The US
> > may or may not have continued to be the greatest nation overall, but
> > we're clearly far off from where we should be.
>
> There is of course the incredibly prescient Onion article:
>
> Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is
> Finally Over'
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784
>
> Bush: a true agent of change! Just try to deny it!

+1 on both counts.

To Russell's "be fair" --- I'm also coming to the conclusion that
Obama's intelligence and eloquence are over-hyped.  Consider this
which he said at a Memorial Day ceremony at Las Cruces, NM:

	"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of
fallen heroes -- and I see
	  many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism
is particularly strong."

Now he's clearly not even in the same rhetorical league as the
gibbering fucktard that's been in the White House the last 8 years,
but really.  Sees-dead-people?

And yes, that's actually a quote, I heard the sound bite.  If
anything, the gaffe sounds worse than it reads.

jb