[FoRK] More ebook stats

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 2 06:29:18 PDT 2008

Mobileread.com has a link to a presentation (in French, but not too
hard to decipher) from the Bookeen folks. It has best guess numbers as
to ebook sales, and states that "over the air" book delivery is
essential for the next generation.
(I'm on the train so I can't dig up the URL, sorry )

Judging from the Sony ereader store, this is because romance readers
devour their ebooks -- the majority of the multibook bundles are from
Harlequin. I suspect this is true for the Kindle as well; serious
books such as McClellan's, are probably more popular as hardcovers so
people can see what you're reading....

Ken Meltsner
(!Blackberrying to Chicago)