[FoRK] The story behind No-bama's Soviet-style iconography

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:00:00 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:
>>
>> President as rebel, never mind the cause.
>
> BTW, this pretty clearly applies to McCain as well, despite silky's
> implications to the contrary...

wasn't exactly implying that; i was more just saying that i actually
think it's nice to have someone show a little bit more personality;
and if you don't want that, vote for the boring candidates (we have a
lot of them here in australia).

but i mean general unhappiness with the voting system i can
understand; but it's just the way it is. if you want it different,
then we need to get rid of this style of demoracy and have something
else. perhaps an approach where everyone takes a more long-term view.
i.e. all candidates together plan out the next 20 years and we approve
it, then certain people from both sides are selected to implement it.

--
silky
http://www.boxofgoodfeelings.com/