[FoRK] Channeling the past vs. outperforming it, was: Re: The story behind No-bama's Soviet-style iconography

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Jun 2 21:01:43 PDT 2008

Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
>> Jeff Bone wrote:
>>
>>> President as rebel, never mind the cause.
>>
>> I think I can guess who you would have voted for in 1960...
>> Hey, maybe it would have prevented Watergate.
>
> BTW, I'm not a particularly big JFK fan, but --- for xsakes, Obama's
> no JFK!  Get real!
Was jfk JFK before he was elected?
'Bama's the most likely-to-become-JFK-part-deux, non?

I think he's got a better shot than McCain channeling Reagan (or JFK).

But whatever, I don't want to relive the past.  Everything is
different.  I want The Man to be much better than JFK and Reagan.  To
kick ass, in a good way this time, and set an example.  Imagine the kids
who have been ruined by the confusion caused by a bumbling, lying,
ineffective guy in the highest office in the land?  Not to mention his
cronies, off to jail one by one.  I hide my face in shame...

sdw